NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS FOR THESE POSITIONS
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. BCMCFL is responding to the request for proposal by the Ministry of Finance Project Management Unit (MOFPMU) to be Sub-Recipient to support implementation under New Funding Model 3 (NFM 3) Grant of the Government of Lesotho supported by the Global Fund.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Youth Mentors *84
Duties and Responsibilities
Youth Mentors are responsible for providing HTS using different modalities of Index Testing and Partner Notification Services,
Community HIV Care, HIV Self Testing (HIVST), adherence counselling and ensuring retention into care through Community Adherence and Monitoring and Retention Assistance (CAMARA) groups.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide HIV Testing Services (HTS) to Adolescents and Young People (AYP) at community level for eligible patients per approved MOH algorithms;
• Identify from health facility registers, sexual partners and siblings of index clients who are AYP in preparation for upcoming mobile clinic service provision;
• Support health facility to provide outreaches for provision of HTS for AYP;
• Ensure that the HTC register is completed accurately and timely;
• Ensure that AYP initiated on ART at community level is linked to care at the health facility;
• Distribute family planning for the AYP at the community;
• Assist in retention of patients in the care and treatment program at the clinic;
• Assist in strengthening linkages between the health facilities and community to improve the continuum of care;
• Monitor and follow up AYP with high viral load for management;
• Provide Peer to Peer support through (CAMARA) groups;
• Facilitates meetings for CAMARA groups and assist in relevant agendas for the day;
• Mobilise and create demand for AYP for services at the mobile clinics;
• Coordinate with other MOH partners that are facility and community based;
• Communicates regularly with other community ART team members regarding plans development and implementation activities;
• Ensures prompt and proper reporting of project activities;
• Performs other duties that are assigned by the project leads
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• COSC or equivalent, diploma in Social Work/Pastoral Care and Counselling will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HIV Testing Services
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to mobilise AYP for SRH services
• Willingness to adapt to the changing demands of the position
• Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet targets
• Willingness to walk long hours in communities
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must submit applications letter including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be submitted to Health facility on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, 20th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject.
Line. Only hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NO EMAIL SUBMISSIONS FOR THESE POSITIONS.