Applications are now open for the 2024 Women in Engineering (WomEng) Southern Africa Fellowship Programme.
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship powered by De Beers Group develops leadership, innovation,
well-being and employability skills required by young engineering and technology graduates to succeed in the industry
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2024 is a one-of-a-kind hybrid learning programme which provides Fellows with
resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via
WhatsApp and live virtual master classes. The programme will be run in three (3) modules from March 2024 with an
assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. The programme is designed to shape the way young
women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in industry. The programme is
open to soon-to-be engineering graduates based in Botswana, Namibia and South Africa.
The three (3) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership – Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future World of Wor
- Module 3: Employability – Thriving in the WorkplaceThe element of well-being and learning to recharge and look after yourself will form part of the modules to help fellows establish healthy coping mechanisms and destress. The Fellows will be full-time female engineering, built environment or technology students currently studying at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana, or Namibia.
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana, or
Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies
i.e. entering the workplace in 2025 or 2026.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month from March 2024 to participate in the
programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads and
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources with active learning objectives for leadership,
innovation, well-being, and employability skills.
- Grow your professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Grow your community of other like-minded women in engineering and technology.
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia, or Botswana).
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is 25 February 2024, 23h59 SAST.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted
For More Information: