PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To sell and market website and web portal products to clients
To ensure that the websites business is profitable
Maintain and manage website and web portals accounts
To analyze, design and develop websites and web portals for the company’s clients
Identify websites and web portals business opportunities and write proposals to win new business;
Meet with clients to analyze business problems, make solution recommendations, close commercial deals and participate in the development of agreed solutions;
Design and develop websites, web portals, multimedia layouts, graphics, and content for use in presentations, websites and other electronic media
Design web interfaces; develop layout design and concepts; select and secure appropriate illustrative materials to be used in websites development.
Supervise junior website designers, ensuring that all work they deliver meets client expectations
Websites projects Management
Produce visually appealing design work
Present solutions and services in written or verbal reports to clients
Identify new business opportunities or change requests for customer websites
Ensure that solutions provided fully meet the client requirements and visual taste.
Project management during the design and implementation of preferred websites and web portal solutions
Ensure the most appropriate web tools and efficient techniques are applied to projects
Design reliable and highly functional websites
Meet or exceed financial targets
Provide quality and world class web products and services to clients.
Defining scopes of projects and developing requirement specifications
Prepare technical documentation for projects and technical work
Participate actively in CBS customer training, maximizing the benefit to yourself and CBS
Assist with the training or orientation of other CBS staff members
- Leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work both independently and in a team with minimal supervision
- Good planning, technical, and analytical skills.
- Self-motivation, continuous learning orientation
- Ability to develop websites from scratch
Should possess technical breadth and/or depth in the following technologies (or similar):
- Knowledge of popular Content Management System (e.g Joomla, WordPress, drupal)
- Cloud Technology
- Internet database design – Data Warehousing, MySQL, MS SQL and/or ORACLE
- IIS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, Telnet
- Network infrastructure configuration – latest Windows OS – Workstation/Server and TCP/IP
- Modern Web Design automation tools
- Proxy Servers, News Servers and Directory Servers
- Internet systems configuration for e-mail, www, newsgroups, and web-enabled applications
BSc. in Computer Science / MIS or equivalent with knowledge of graphics and website design
Minimum 3 years of experience designing high impact websites and web portals
Interested candidates should forward an application letter, a detailed CV, certified copies of certificates and transcripts to: [email protected] OR
The Human Resources Manager
Computer Business Solutions
Fourth Floor, Post Office Building
P.O. Box 10659
The deadline for submission of applications is 18th September 2020.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days after deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.