We are looking for an experienced programme professional with :
- A University degree in a relevant subject (integrated water resources management, water supply and sanitation studies, social sciences, environmental health, Public Health, Sanitary or civil engineering, development studies)
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in programme planning, management and development, and progress reporting. This experience should include field level experience
- Experience in Programme planning, management and progress reporting
- Experience in developing funding proposals and donor reporting
- Experience in developing and facilitating effective learning initiatives or workshops – including using information technology to support these
- Project management skills are desirable
- Strong communication skills in English, including oral, written and audio-visual skills
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with qualitative and quantitative information
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize multiple and competing tasks
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
Find the full job description on our website at www.wateraid.org
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your CV , covering letter and clear details of your current or more recent remuneration to [email protected] with “Programme Coordinator” as the subject.
Please note: To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in South Africa.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.