LRCS is currently engaged in the Covid 19 pandemic as a result the suitable candidates are urged to apply for temporary engagement for the below positions:
WASH Specialist x 1
Expected duration of Assignment: 3 months
• The Specialist supports the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH programme in LRCS.
• Develop a WASH framework for LRCS which identifies the targets and approaches for water supply, excreta management, personal and environmental hygiene (including menstrual health), solid waste management, vector control, and institutional WASH facilities. The framework should include a contingency plan for potential epidemics,
• Jointly with WASH partners and other stakeholders, update detailed needs and resource assessments and revise designs and technical plans, taking into account practical aspects of implementation, long-term sustainable solutions, and relevant technical specifications and guidelines.
• Closely advise and assist the LRCS programme staff on the development of WASH aspects of the programme including planning, budgeting and input to financial management of the programme.
University Degree/Diploma in Water Engineering /Civil Engineering/ Environmental Health.
Experience: Minimum 3 years working with WASH.
Knowledge, skills and Competencies
• Formulating strategies and concepts
• Having professional mastery over technical area and Knowledge of project planning & budgeting, supervision and management to include monitoring and evaluation.
• Results focus and accountability as well as Strong ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
• Ability to engage effectively with other NS staff, volunteers and beneficiaries, being a team builder and team player, a good communicator at all levels.
Closing Date for all applications is Friday July 24th, 2020, 12h00. Interested candidates should NOT hand deliver but send their applications in an attachment format to [email protected] or [email protected] , covering letter and curriculum vitae written in size 12 fond and not more than 4 pages long, and no copy of certificates for now addressed to the Human Resources and Admin Manager, Lesotho Red Cross Society, Red Cross House, Private Bag A 205, Maseru 100.
TAKE NOTE THAT THIS IS FOR INTERNAL AND LRCS VOLUNTEERS ARE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR.