Only short-listed Partners in Health-Lesotho has vacancies for the following position:
Job title: Ward Attendant
Reporting to: Nursing Assistant/Nursing Sister
Number of positions: Two (2)
Duty station: Botshabelo MDR-TB Hospital
Responsibilities include maintenance of basic hygiene; clients/patients’ comfort and good nutritional status; infection, prevention, and control plus control of linen.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
Maintaining of basic hygiene practices in the Ward/Unit
- Gives daily bed baths, and oral and nail care to very ill patients, and gives the bedridden water to wash by the bedside.
- Take care of the patient’s hair to prevent infection.
- Turn bedridden patients and attends to their pressure parts regularly to prevent pressure sores.
- Does damp dusting of the beds and bedside lockers to maintain a healthy environment.
- Keeps the patient’s dishes clean to avoid the breeding of flies and cockroaches.
- Does bed making and changing of linen daily and when the need arises to absence a clean and crease-free bed.
- Conducts regular bedpan parades and avails bedpans in between as and when necessary.
Prevention of cross infection
- Sluices and disinfects sputum mugs, urinals bedpans, and soiled linen to destroy bacteria.
- Airs and disinfect the mattress and bed after providing the last services to a client who has either passed away or been discharged.
Monitoring of bed linen
- Counts and records movement of bed linen pajamas, and gowns to and from the laundry in the linen book which is countersigned by the laundress.
Maintaining patients’ good nutrition
- Feeds the patients who require assistance with their meals as prescribed to sustain their optimal nutritional status.
Other assistive duties include
- Takes specimens to the laboratory and collects results for review and maintenance of the patient’s management.
- Labels and registers patients’ belongings in the kit book and locks them away on admission.
- Accompanies patients to the X-ray department, Operating Theatre, Mortuary, etc. in the absence of Porters.
- Pass in C.O.S.C / G.C.E 2
Commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment: At Partners in Health, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Partners in Health’s PSEAH policy. Partners in Health will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply: Interested candidates should e-mail their applications (subject line should be the position being applied for) and detailed CV’s including three names of traceable referees with valid telephone numbers and email addresses to: [email protected] not later than 24th May 2023. The referees should include the most recent supervisor/s. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.