REPORTING TO: Managing Director MEA
- Must have own reliable transport and drivers’ licence.
- Travel within the MEA Region will be a requirement.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To promote, facilitate & support the successful implementation of Vontier Business System (VBS) tools and processes across Gilbarco Veeder-Root (GVR) MEA. This will be achieved by providing expert advice and guidance to the Managing Director and his executive team to achieve GVR MEA’s policy deployment and strategic plan objectives. It will also assist the leadership in the development of a VBS roadmap and support execution. The business will look to this role to support driving breakthrough growth initiatives and achieve operational excellence by leveraging VBS tools.
Success in this role will entail transforming GVR MEA into a lean thinking, conscience organisation with an ability to continuously identify improvement opportunities through:
- Facilitating MEA policy development meetings with Executive Team.
- Assisting in achieving GVR MEA’s policy deployment and strategic plan objectives.
- Assisting leadership in the development of a VBS roadmap and support the execution
- Supporting the leadership team in understanding and applying the VBS culture, values and tools
- Leading and facilitating Kaizen events
- Developing employee expertise in the area of VBS tools i.e. SW, PSP, DM, 5S, Lean Conversion, TPI, Value Stream Mapping, VRK, and other VBS Lean Tools
- Driving organizational process efficiencies and improvement across all levels and all functions of the business
- Working with the department leaders to develop and maintain Kaizen funnels.
- Chairing monthly kaizen planning meetings and supporting facilitation of the strategic plan.
- Scheduling, facilitating and ensuring productive Kaizen events.
- Facilitating Shingijutsu and Presidential Kaizen events when appropriate.
- Driving Kaizen newspaper items toward completion & tracking sustainment.
- Driving ever-improving results by leveraging VBS tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
- Directly providing formal and informal VBS training and coaching.
- Facilitating VBS training sessions when appropriate (other trainers and consultants from Vontier, Shingijutsu, or other).
- Promoting and facilitating diagnosis of workflow impediments and other wastes throughout the business,
- and providing expert counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate them.
- Improving VBS training and facilitation skills by pursuing certification in VBS tools.
- Promoting and facilitating employee development in various VBS tools, lean production, and kaizen leadership.
- Supporting consistent execution of the VBS On-boarding/Immersion program, including the development of immersion/on-boarding plans for new hires – tailored to their specific function.
- Working closely with the Corporate VBS office
- Benchmarking and communicating ‘Best Practices’ and ‘wins’ within the Vontier Organisation
- Supporting leadership team to becoming true VBS champions
Contribute to the Company and the MEA Executive Team by;
- Protecting the Company’s interests and ensuring that a responsible and dynamic image is presented in all dealings with stakeholders.
- Acting as a sounding board for the Managing Director and/or Executive Team members on new ideas and issues.
- Participating in developing and managing the overall strategic direction and performance of the company by actively participating as a member of the Executive Team.
- Actively participating in ongoing development and refinement of GVR MEA’s strategic direction.
- Demonstrating a clear and consistent commitment to the company’s vision, purpose and values by exhibiting positive leadership and by displaying the company’s core behaviours in all aspects of performance.
- Ensuring strong communication lines are in place with Managing Director, Business Unit Manager’s and the VBS Team regarding business development initiatives, thereby ensuring an overall view is maintained and strategy is consistent.
- Ensuring all VBS activities are aligned to the respective business strategy through coaching, training and developing key internal and external partners.
- Improving existing processes, products, services and systems through relentless incremental improvement, including the continuous improvement initiatives required by the plan.
- Developing and maintaining effective, collaborative relationships across areas, especially ensuring effective collaboration with support and technical staff.
- Ensuring that the MEA region demonstrates a consistent approach in the implementation and delivery of VBS.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
As per Board-approved DOA and as necessary for functions outside the DOA.
As delegated by the Managing Director, when necessary.
- Managing Director
- Executive Team
- Global VBSO
- Customers (existing & potential)
- Consultants – Shingijutsu etc
- Government Departments
- Industry Associations
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (INDICATORS)
- Overall Application of Tools
- Lean implementation
- Change effectiveness
- Kaizen Sustainment
- Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Organisational Impact (SQDIP)
- Reduction in process lead time
Builds Extraordinary Teams
- YoY improvement on VBS dimension on Engagement Survey Results
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education / Achievements
- Tertiary qualification majoring in a related discipline.
- Lean / Six Sigma / Kaizen
- Engineering Degree or a Post graduate diploma, e.g. MBA or Masters in a related discipline preferred
Experience / Knowledge
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and facilitation capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with the Vontier Business System principles or
- similar business models in technical and office functions.
- Proven experience in developing, inspiring and motivation others
- Experience in technical project execution
- Project Management
- Previous experience within Vontier or VBSL or previous holding companies
- Relationship management
- Facilitation ability
- Computer literacy in Office suite
- Individual leadership & influencing capability
- Ability to drive change
- Change management
- Training & coaching experience
- Analytical aptitude
- Business Acumen
- Exposure to a wide variety of training environments
- Spread sheeting, project management, graphics and process mapping skills.
- Financial acumen
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS
Solicits voice of the customer and drives actions to improve customer experience
Holds others accountable for meeting customer needs
Addresses gaps in the team’s ability to meet emerging customer needs
Continuously improves processes to be more aligned with the customers
Thinks beyond the day-to-day, taking a long-term, big-picture view of the business. Clarifies the organization’s vision and strategy to the team, and ensures that efforts are prioritized to support them
Leads the team to pursue possibilities that will create sustainable value
Build Extraordinary Teams
Nurtures and develops promising ideas through prototyping and experimentation
Challenges others to develop breakthrough solutions
Ensures that varied perspectives are included in the process of innovation
Encourages others to address challenges in new and better ways
Builds energy and optimism in others in support of Our Shared Purpose
Communicates the vision of the organization in a way that others can relate to and buy into
Helps others envision a greater sense of what is possible for the organization’s future
Ensures that others understand how their efforts and contributions make a positive difference
Builds a cohesive team that drives the goals and success of the organization.
Communicates clear goals and roles to team members
Builds a team that has the right mix of skills and leverages the strengths of individual members Celebrates team accomplishments
Coaches people on how to take a stand in the face of adversity when they believe in something Confronts tough organizational issues and disagreements
Delivers difficult messages directly
Demonstrates the courage to say “no” when necessary
Sets high expectations and leads others to achieve results through VBS
Leads others to persist despite setbacks or obstacles Creates a sense of urgency in the team to deliver on time, high quality results with an unwavering commitment to our values and standards of conduct
Drives a track record of continuous improvement and sustainability
Leads experimentation as a way to find the best solution
Shares lessons learned from both successes and failures
Creates opportunities for self and others to try new things
Applies the lessons from different experiences to new situations
Establish VBS credibility through demonstrating the ability to leading Kaizen events
Coaches leaders on how to use VBS to address business challenges and opportunities,
including selecting the appropriate tool and how to apply to generate results
Builds VBS expertise of the team, establishing and growing capable VBSL support and
VBS Champion resources that can support the team
Willing to seek out subject matter experts in the area of VBS in order to build capability within the organization
Vontier Corporation View
Vontier is a global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our portfolio of five operating companies is united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and environmental compliance worldwide.
Vontier’s proven business system, experienced leadership team, and vibrant, inclusive culture driven by continuous improvement and innovation are built on the powerful legacy of Fortive and Danaher, with a focus on the future. The Vontier name and logo capture our belief that the horizons are endless as we look to the next frontier of global mobility. For more information, please visit: www.vontier.com
Gilbarco Veeder-Root represents the leading brands of solutions and technologies that provide convenience, control, and environmental integrity for retail fueling and adjacent markets. In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand, with distinctive and complementary business lines, services, and sales capabilities. Veeder-Root is the world’s leading supplier of automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems and one of the few companies in the industry to design, manufacture and service its own products; supplying and integrating the broadest range of new and proven technologies to reduce cost of ownership, enhance environmental integrity, and improve performance and profitability for petroleum marketers and commercial fueling enterprises worldwide. Gilbarco AFS is part of the Gilbarco Veeder-Root family.
With more than 300 associates, Gilbarco AFS is a leading fuel management technology and services company providing wet stock management, automated refueling & maintenance services to retail & commercial customers, including mines & government agencies
“The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Vontier Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Vontier Company. Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-833-399-0822 or e-mail [email protected] to request accommodation.”