The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is currently seeking a highly motivated, flexible Volunteer to provide technical support to the CHAI Lesotho team, in COVID-19 response. He/she will have impact to the program and under minimal supervision, will provide critical strategic and robust analytical support to the CHAI team.
The Volunteer must be a broad and strategic thinker with the ability to evaluate systems holistically to identify the key gaps and recommend practical, realistic interventions for operational improvement. The volunteer will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, such as developing quantitative models and analyses, conducting literature reviews, and providing recommendations for the program within the Ministry of Health.
This position will require someone with a strong sense of entrepreneurship and problem-solving skills. Candidates must have excellent communications skills, demonstrate a high degree of self-confidence and cultural sensitivity, and exhibit a passion for results and commitment to excellence. We place great value on the following qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
• Support in the planning and execution of the program interventions
• Conduct quantitative analyses and present results to inform decisions to generate resources and to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and equity of health programs
• Conduct literature reviews and provide recommendations
• Assist in organising stakeholder meetings, trainings, and workshops
• Support in knowledge management by organising the existing data and maintaining records of all project documents
• Support in implementation of various projects as needed
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the project team
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, biomedical sciences or engineering,
• Work experience in Biomedical Engineering or related field
• Experience conducting desk and literature reviews; ability to streamline and synthesize large amounts of information into high-quality documents for a wide range of stakeholders
• Strong critical thinking skills and ability to problem-solve independently
• Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve program goals
• Great attention to detail, with exceptional coordination, and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, be effective in high-pressure situations and adapt to fast-paced and changing environments with a strong commitment to excellence
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook