Jhpiego is a non-prof t organization, operating in Lesotho since 2012 through supporting the government of Lesotho in delivering health services to the Basotho people. Jhpiego’s portfolio currently includes Khanya (VMMC and PrEP), THEBE (TB Contact Tracing and COVID Response), RISE (COVID Case Management and Vaccine Support), MOSAIC (Dapivirine Ring Introduction), CUT-TB (RCT) and various other small studies.
Position: VMMC Technical Officer (1)
• Work closely with MOH District Health Management Teams (DHMTs) to design, implement and monitor activities related to VMMC in districts
• Support Khanya to scale up VMMC services and ensure services are offered at private clinics facility and community level
• Works with nurses to ensure high-quality services is provided to all clients
• Adhere to national guidelines and SOPs
• Ensure VMMC tools are filled properly at all times for quality data management
• Ensure that moderate and severe AEs are reported and documented properly
• Ensure availability of emergency equipment in theatre with proper inventory systems in all sites
• Develop, implement and monitor program training plan in collaboration with MOH
• Conduct training (conventional and online) of service providers in VMMC surgical procedure.
• Provide on-site clinical/job training support to service providers and other members of the VMMC team on the provision of VMMC services
• Conduct mentoring outreach visits in respective districts
• Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with acceptable national standards.
• Coordinate technical support, supervision and quality assurance of VMMC activities for all VMMC service facilities
• Document and report VMMC best practices and share at designated forums
• Identify opportunities to integrate and link VMMC services with other SRH, HIV prevention, and treatment services at district level
• Contribute to program periodic (monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual) reports by consolidating facility and district VMMC coverage reports.
• Participates in quality assurance and quality improvement activities
• Participate and lead in AEs management and reporting as recommended by Jhpiego, USAID/PEPFAR and WHO
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
• Degree in Nursing and Midwifery with at least 5years experience working within Lesotho health system or health related projects
• Minimum of 7years’ experience in a surgical and/or clinical setting
• Valid registration with the Lesotho Medical Council
• Knowledge of male circumcision and circumcision surgical techniques
• Training on Quality Improvement for VMMC program is preferred
• Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues especially prevention
• Demonstrated experience with training and mentoring of health workers/ clinical staff
• Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and communication skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively in a demanding environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer Skills, including MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Willingness to travel frequently to clinical facilities throughout Lesotho
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Correspondence will be communicated with shortlisted candidates only.
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two reference letters, Certified identity document. All applications addressed for the attention of Human Resources Manager must be sent by email address to:[email protected] or hand deliver to Jhpiego Office, Dolphin House #2, ground floor,23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area, Maseru by 12 pm on Friday, 14 January 2022.