In October 2010, Lesotho’s Ministry of Health (MOH) developed a national draft strategic and operational plan for establishing safe Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) and Early Infant Male Circumcision (EIMC) services in a prevention effort to reduce HIV transmission. Jhpiego in Lesotho, in support of and in collaboration with the MOH, provides VMMC training, services and quality assurance together with technical assistance in Lesotho .
Jhpiego is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill In the following positions under TSEPO Program based at the following Jhpiego supported sites: Berea, Leribe, Mafeteng, Mohale’s Hoek, KHOTLA Male Clinic – Scott Hospital and Queen Elizabeth II Hospital.
VMMC Nurse Provider (x16)
The VMMC Nurse Provider will work closely with a team of providers under the responsibility of the Jhpiego Lesotho’s VMMC Technical Advisor and be responsible for the provision of VMMC services at allocated sites.
This position is responsible for providing skilled circumcision services to the eligible persons in Lesotho at designated Jhpiego supported sites. The position will also entail frequent travel to support outreach and Intensified service delivery in various lhplego MOH supported sites. There will be dose collaboration with facility team and facility management
Under the direct Supervision of the District Coordinator, the VMMC Nurse Provider has the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Supervise booking of clients for VMMC to ensure correct registration and efficient patient flow.
- In the absence of the VMMC Counsellor, provide both individual and group pre and post-operative counselling for HIV testing and SMC acceptance, and answer client questions regarding the VMMC procedure.
- Prepare the VMMC procedure room to ensure that all necessary equipment and materials are available for use by the team.
- Ensure clients privacy during the procedure.
- Ensure safety for all personnel and clients in the procedure/operating room
- Damp dusting
- Adherence to three bin system for Infection control
- Decontaminate and cleaning of Instruments
- Assist the doctor during the VMMC procedure, and participate In the identified task sharing roles.
- Adhere to PEPFAR policy for VMMC methods appropriate age groups.
- Actively participate In creating demand at fixed sites, outreaches, campaigns sites and in mobile services.
- Offer non-surgical circumcision to clients who prefer non-surgical method, after being trained on how to provide these services.
- Together with the team, ensure high quality VMMC services are offered and maintained
- Adhere to national guidelines and SOPs
- Ensure VMMC tools are filled properly at all times for quality data management
- Ensure that moderate and severe AES are reported and documented
- Ensure availability of emergency equipment in theatre
- Ensure medical and supplies Inventory system in use
- Monitor client’s condition following the VMMC procedure
- Provide post-operative counselling on risk reduction
- Follow-up the client for wound management and adverse event monitoring on days 2, 7 and 42
- Ualse appropriately with the team Medical Officer in client management
- Assist in data compilation of weekly/monthly reporting to Data- Clerks/Officers and M&E Officer or others, as advised by the Supervisor
- Ensures patient information is accurately recorded at sites; and treated with confidentiality
- Take part in preparation of schedules for ISD/outreach VMMC services In conjunction with the DHMT
- Works with the health facility/site team to assess the required supplies for conducting VMMC at the facility and In the outreach sites and prepares timely procurement requests as may be required
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
- Diploma in Nursing required (Degree preferred)
- Current valid registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council
- Minimum of I year experience in VMMC services –(required)
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience In HIV counselling and testing
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and communication skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively In a demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer Skills, including MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel frequently to clinical facilities throughout Lesotho
- Willingness to reside at the district assigned
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Correspondence wild be communicated with shortlisted candidates only
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two letters of references(one from the current employer)s, identity document, certified copy of recent retention certificate from relevant professional body and certified copy of licensure issued by relevant professional body, and self-assessment (information on how to conduct self-assessment available from Jhpiego offices). All applications addressed for the attention of Senior Human Resources and Operations Manager must be hand delivered to Jhpiego Office Dolphin House #2, ground floor, 23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area Maseru by 12 pm on Friday, 290 June 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at wwwjhpiego.org.