In October 2010, Lesotho’s Ministry of Health (MOH) developed a national draft strategic and operational plan for establishing safe Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) and Early Infant Male Circumcision (EIMC) services in a prevention effort to reduce HIV transmission. Jhpiego in Lesotho, in support of and in collaboration with the MOH, provides VMMC training, services and quality assurance together with technical assistance in Lesotho .
Jhpiego is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill In the following positions under TSEPO Program based at the following Jhpiego supported sites: Berea, Leribe, Mafeteng, Mohale’s Hoek, KHOTLA Male Clinic – Scott Hospital and Queen Elizabeth II Hospital.
VMMC HIV Counsellors (x10)
Under the director supervision of District Coordinator, VMMC HIV Counsellor will work closely with the team of VMMC providers at MC Clinic, and be responsible for providing VMMC/ HIV counselling services,
The position reports to the VMMC District Coordinator; and Is based at the VMMC Site In different districts and has the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Function as a member of the Jhpiego VMMC team
- Provide HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) services for the delivery of safe, high-quality, high-volume male circumcision services
- Adherence to three bin system for infection control
- Conduct pre-test, post-test and follow up counseling, and referrals for VMMC clients
- Provide counseling to males and their partners In a culturally sensitive manner, ensuring client confidentiality
- Mobilize and create demand for fixed sites, outreaches, campaign sites and mobile services sites. ‘.
- Active participation In planning and strategizing within teams for better program performances.
- Ensure Informed consent is obtained properly before HIV testing and circumcision.
- Provide group and individual information to clients on VMMC
- Maintain good and confidential counseling records
- Maintain a strong referral system between VMMC and other health services
- Provide input on revisions of VMMC training materials
- Ensure that HIV test kits are available and keep good Inventory records to avoid stock-outs
- Conduct QC testing kits for new batch and record
- Making sure that all M&E tools are properly and correctly filled
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Pastoral Care and Counselling or relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience In HIV testing and counseling
- Valid HTS certification by MOH Is compulsory
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively Ina demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer Skills, Including MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel frequently to clinical facilities throughout Lesotho
- Preference will be given to Counsellors who have a valid HTS Certificate
- Willingness to reside at the district assigned
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Correspondence wild be communicated with shortlisted candidates only
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two letters of references(one from the current employer)s, identity document, certified copy of recent retention certificate from relevant professional body and certified copy of licensure issued by relevant professional body, and self-assessment (information on how to conduct self-assessment available from Jhpiego offices). All applications addressed for the attention of Senior Human Resources and Operations Manager must be hand delivered to Jhpiego Office Dolphin House #2, ground floor, 23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area Maseru by 12 pm on Friday, 290 June 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at wwwjhpiego.org.