- FULL TIME, REMOTE
We’re looking for talented individuals interested in joining a new and growing global company. At Slang, you’ll be an early team member of a well-funded startup spun out from MIT. We’re building a world-class team to revolutionize language learning with cutting-edge technology and beautiful design.
What we’re working on at Slang
Slang started at MIT as a research project on using AI and NLP to make learning a new language as efficient as possible. Our technology powers a highly adaptive e-learning platform that offers an unprecedented variety of specialized English courses and proficiency tests for career development in over fifty fields like Sales, Finance, Logistics, Medicine, and Law. With just a small team, we’ve already created the largest professional English offering in the world. Now, we’re scaling up to release 1,000 more courses over the next three years.
Learn more about our unique approach at slangapp.com. We’d love to field any questions you have about our product and vision!
What this role is about
We’re a company in our growth stage, and our focus is on refining a business model for a novel SaaS product focused on four B2B segments: Corporations, Universities, ESL Schools, and Government.
As our Visual Designer, your approach to the product and brand design should have a dual focus: business impact and user experience. The initial responsibility of this position will be using your design smarts and digital marketing knowledge to increase the number of qualified leads coming in through our marketing campaigns and web pages. Beyond that, there are always paths for career growth within Slang for the right candidate who is willing to learn and work toward the goal of advancing with us.
Knowledge and skills required
- 3+ years of relevant experience with digital products and marketing
- A portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency with design tools like Adobe CC, Figma, etc.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker, able to see an idea through from concept to execution.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Motivated by feedback and the opportunity to improve in your role.
- Intermediate or higher (B2) level of English.
- Sufficient front-end development knowledge (HTML/CSS/JS) to collaborate successfully with engineers.
- Bonus: Experience or portfolio demonstrating excellent product design skills.
- Extra bonus: experience with Adobe After Effects, React, TypeScript, Webpack or PostCSS.
What you’ll achieve at Slang:
- Collaboration on a wide range of projects, including illustration and design for product and marketing materials.
- Manage projects independently, carrying an idea through from concept to execution.
- Create high-quality work that delights our users and reinforces our brand.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
- Help evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work.
What Slang can offer you
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and unique benefits.
Most importantly, we offer the special experience of being part of a fast-moving and quickly growing international company within the entrepreneurial ecosystems of Boston and MIT.
Where we’re located
Our team is currently split between Boston, Ciudad de México, São Paulo, Bogotá and Medellín. We are recruiting great people in these locations and around the world.
Our US headquarters is located in the Cambridge Innovation Center in the heart of downtown Boston, easily accessible by public transportation and alongside other innovative companies. Our Colombia office is located in the Rosales neighborhood of Bogotá and in the Ruta N Innovation district of Medellín.