We’re looking for an VP Engineering to join our founding team who is passionate about the idea of solving information failure. The successful candidate should be as comfortable architecting and coding as they are managing teams, and will be responsible for the technical leadership of HASH, and ultimately ownership of our open-source H-Engine product and H-Cloud platform.
The successful candidate will form part of the company’s management team and will work directly alongside the CEO and Chairman. You will be joining the business at a critical early point, and will have a high degree of autonomy to influence the shape and direction of the business.
HASH is a remote-first company, with offices in London and New York. This position is open to applicants globally.
- Deep demonstrable experience building live systems and products in multiple languages, including Java/C/C++/Rust
- Strong experience with clustering and container technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- Expert knowledge of serverless and cloud infrastructure platforms
- Ability to demonstrate examples of code that you have written to a very high standard, executed as part of high-quality production applications
- Excellent team leadership and people skills demonstrated in a successful, fast-growth startup environment, or with an established larger tech firm
Nice to have
- An existing developed interest in complex, and multi-agent systems simulation
- Knowledge of graph database systems and wide-column NoSQL stores (e.g. Accumulo, Cassandra, or Hbase)
- Demonstrable experience working with data fusion and data visualization technologies, multi-sensor systems, signal processing and compression technology, distributed computing systems, or artificial intelligence (in particular deep reinforcement learning)
- Demonstrable activity on open source projects (bug reports, bug fixes, own projects)
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- 28 days annual holiday
- A range of location-specific benefits, including access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance for those working in the US.