LESOTHO NATIONAL DAIRY BOARD
Position Title: Veterinary Services Manager
Duration : 5 years
Duty Station: Maseru
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Lesotho National Dairy Board (LNDB), a body corporate established under Legal Notice No. 246 of 1991 as amended is mandated to promote, regulate and enhance the development of dairy industry in Lesotho, is desirous to recruit Veterinary Services Manager.
The incumbent will undertake the following tasks:
Provide animal health services to dairy farmers
• In collaboration with Department of Livestock Services (DLS) develop and implement vaccination program for dairy animals
• Develop and implement animal health training program for dairy farmers in the country
• Design and implement animal health recording system for dairy farmers
• Design and implement dairy ambulatory services and perform animal diseases surveillance
• Report identified animal disease outbreaks to the relevant authorities
• Ensure compliance with veterinary procedures, ethics, policies and relevant laws
• Participate in the development and implementation of LNDB’s strategic plan
• In collaboration with the Department of Dairy Development develop and implement the dairy breeding program
• In collaboration with DLS establish and implement dairy animals quarantine measures that comply with applicable government regulations to prevent the spread of diseases to other animals or to humans.
• Responsible for procurement and safety of veterinary drugs and medicine and other related items
• In collaboration with DLS and private veterinarians design and implement dairy animals’ mobile clinic
• Provide supervision and on the job training to the para-vets.
• To perform any other duties that may be assigned which are necessary for the LNDB to carry its mandate.
• To produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports on Department of Veterinary Services’ performance.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc) or Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) or its equivalent and must be registered with Lesotho Veterinary Council.
Three years practical experience in veterinary, especially ruminants’ health, shall be an added advantage
Ability to conduct research independently and excellent communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to build and lead team(s).
Ability to work outside working hours.
Duration of the contract
Successful candidate shall be on fixed term five-year (5) contract.
Applicant must submit the following:
1. Letter of application
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Certified copies of academic qualifications
4. Certified copy of valid driver’s license
All applicants must submit their clearly marked applications, for the position of Veterinary Services Manager through email: [email protected] or hand deliver to Lesotho National Dairy Board, 89 Constitution ROAD,
Corner Palace Road, MASERU.
Closing date for submissions shall be Wednesday 28th September 2022 at 12.00pm.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.