Application Deadline: February 20, 2023 at 11:59pm (East Africa Time)
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
The scholarship targets African youth who are either, Young Women, Refugees/ displaced Youth, Persons with Disability and Young Men with the following qualities;
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
**Priority shall be given to registered Refugees/Displaced youth and Persons with Disability.
- Be 29 years and below at the time of application.
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Have proven record of leadership involvement and community give back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
- Interested applicants can download the application form from the USIU-Africa website or pick the forms at no cost, from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
- Submit complete application together with other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: [email protected] or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica, or post your application to:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SEND ONLY ONE COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE AND INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
Important dates and deadlines:
- Release of call for applications – Friday, January 20, 2023.
- Application Deadline – Monday, February 20, 2023 at 11:59pm (East Africa Time)
**If you do not hear from USIU-Africa by this date; Sunday, April 30, 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volumes of applications received, we are unable to give personalized feedback to all the applicants.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023/2024