- Take pride in what we do and our contributions to our organisation.
- In our owner-manager culture, we take responsibility and accountability for our actions and we don’t run away from our problems, but tackle them head-on.
- Are empowered to innovate and come up with new ideas, as we value and nurture new ideas.
- Embrace the concept of Botho with our understanding of the communities in which we operate. We have unity of purpose where the whole is greater than the part; therefore, no individual or department can function at the expense of another.
- Respect the feelings, rights and abilities of our colleagues, clients and communities, even though they may be different from our own. We respect ourselves and our colleagues by not accepting or delivering average or poor performance. If the FNB values are congruent with your value set, and you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you.
The position is primarily responsible for undertaking, implementing and managing treasury-related activities including investment return optimization, bank’s capital preservation and liquidity management. Ensure that the Bank is funded at the most cost effective rates and to maintain maximum interest return. Build and maintain quality asset book within the bank’s risk parameters to create maximum return.
experience and qualifications
- Minimum Qualification : Degree in Economics or Bcomm Financial Management with Economics as a minor
- Experience : At least 3 years Dealing experience with a thorough knowledge and experience in Money Markets dealings, Foreign Exchange, Trade and Treasury environment
- Manage Bank’s liquidity position to ensure that customer’s and banks financial demands is continuously met.
- Manage and/or facilitate the bank’s activities in Money Market
- Establish treasury investment return targets to ensure optimal growth of interest income in identified and accepted financial products in line with the bank’s investment policy and strategy
- Price maker to large corporate customer Deposits
- Administration of the Asset and Liability Management Process, Statutory reserve requirements and monitor liquidity position
- Prepare and make presentations on Treasury section reports to Assets and Liabilities Management Committee (ALCO) to assist in the designing and implementation of optimal assets and liabilities mix strategies to achieve FNB Lesotho set mandate. Also execute secretarial duties to this Committee and is expected to support the management in terms of the management of the B/S of the bank
- Liaise with the FirstRand Treasury functions, Lesotho Central Bank and other market players
- Responsible for Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), Processes, Procedures, execution of RTGS payments as well as ensuring that clearing account is well funded to accommodate daily payments
- Manage and price money market deals from conduits
- Build an in-depth knowledge of the client by staying abreast of changes within the customers business which will create new opportunities to transact (deposit strategy)
- Keep abreast of market developments and proactively keep clients up to date with current market conditions
- Maintain a superior level of service and advice
- Ensure adequate oversight of the Exchange Control polices, practices and
Closing date: 03 July 2020