Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned position. The position will be on a three-year performance based contract and is tenable at the Head Office in Maseru. The incumbent will be responsible to the General Manager Finance.
• General Accountant or Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or related field AND a relevant post graduate qualification
• A chartered accountant (CA) qualification will be an added advantage.
PROGRESSION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Preferably five (5) years’ experience in a financial accounting environment of which three (3) years must have been treasury related.
• Must have extensive experience in payroll and extensive knowledge of cash management principles
• Strong business acumen
• Computer literacy is essential
• Must be highly numerical
• Must have a valid driver’s licence.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
• Managing and assessing LEC’s cash flow by anticipating incoming cash and outgoing commitments.
• Pursuing and reviewing new business opportunities and assessing for financial viability.
• Managing investment portfolios.
• Assessing the Company’s exposure to financial risks and proposing mitigation thereof.
• Forecasting of medium and long term funding needs.
• Developing and managing relationships with financial service providers.
• Overseeing the LEC’s cash balances on a daily basis to ensure the LEC’s healthy financial operation.
• Negotiating contracts and loan terms with lenders and other financial institutions.
• Maintaining current and relevant working knowledge of financial and legal regulations that may affect company decisions or policies.
• Developing, implementing and monitoring Treasury Departmental budget.
• Managing Government grants and all external funding in accordance with stipulated guidelines.
• Managing Revenue management, ensuring all income is properly accounted for.
• Overseeing cash management, ensuring that cash collecting systems are effective and efficient, enabling proper accounting of all bank and cash.
Interested candidates must email their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to: [email protected]
Closing date: 08-04-2021
Reference should be made to EFD: TRD 0203 on all applications.