Treasury Manager in the Finance Division
EFD: TD 0189
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position. The position will be on a three year performance-based contract. The position is at the Head Office in Maseru and the incumbent will report to the General Manager Finance.
Registered Accountant/BComm Accounting or equivalent
CA will be an added advantage
PROGRESSION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Preferably five (5) years’ experience in a financial accounting environment of which three (3) years must have been treasury related.
Must have extensive experience in payroll and extensive knowledge of cash management principles
Strong business acumen
Computer literacy is essential
Must be highly numerical
Must have a valid driver’s licence.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
- Managing and assessing LEC’s cash flow by anticipating incoming cash and outgoing commitments.
- Pursuing and reviewing new business opportunities and assess them for financial viability
- Managing investment portfolios.
- Forecasting of medium and long term funding needs.
- Developing and managing relationships with financial service providers.
- Overseeing the LEC’s cash balances on a daily basis to ensure the LEC’s healthy financial operation.
- Negotiates contract and loan terms with lenders and other financial institutions.
- Maintains an up- to- date working knowledge of financial and legal regulations that may affect company decisions or policies.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring Treasury Departmental budget.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes clearly with marked the position the candidate is applying for and hand deliver to the Managing Director’s Office, LEC Head Office on or before 02-04-2020 at 12:30hrs. Reference should be made to EFD: TD 0189 on all applications.