The Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture works to reduce violence through the promotion of peace and security in society at an interpersonal and collective level. Violence prevention efforts seek to decrease violence in homes, communities, institutions and other structures through capacity building, training, networking, counselling, psychological first aid and poplar education.
The Trauma Centre seeks to appoint a Social Worker, to be based at Woodstock office but will be expected to be present at offsite events and co-ordinate offsite services.
The purpose of the social worker is to take the lead in working with survivors of violence.
Start Date: 1 September 2018
- Individual counselling
- Group counselling
- Crisis Intervention
- Co-ordination of services and events related to survivors of violence and torture
- Report Writing
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct networking activities as required
- Contribute to professional development
- B.A Social Work Degree
- Registration with SACSSP
- Three years’ experience in group and individual counselling
- Three years’ Experience in counselling young adolescents and adults
- Three years’ experience working with trauma
- Ability to speak two of the official South African languages
- A valid South African Driver’s license/Learners license with the understanding that Drives license should be obtained within 6 months of commencement of employment
To apply, submit a CV, a copy of your driver’s license or learners License, proof of SACSSP registration and proof of qualifications to [email protected]
For more about the Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture, refer to www.trauma.org.za