The day to day management of facility, supervising cleaning staff, offering corporate and administrative support function at TY Training Centre.
S/He should have knowledge for the below mentioned areas. The specific duties and responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensure all Training Centre equipment is kept in working condition (responsible for ensuring maintenance of equipment, and fittings and fixtures)
- Explain and enforce the Terms and Conditions of Occupancy.
- Organising and attending Training Centre staff meetings.
- Handle accommodation bookings
- Administration and Transport office management for the Training Centre
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems.
- Ensuring the office environment and procedures meet health and safety regulation standards.
- Inspect and report individual dormitory damages immediately after residents vacate dormitory rooms and classrooms and ensure that associated loss reports are compiled.
- Be available to show dormitory rooms and classrooms to prospective occupants.
- Collect keys from occupants when they vacate the Training Centre.
- Be available during and after office hours to assist residents who are locked out of their rooms
- Handles Disciplinary cases, grievances, disputes and safety of employees to ensure good working relations and welfare of staff as well as of the tenants,
- Supervises an effective and efficient security and welfare for all Directorate staff as well as other occupants.
- Ensures subordinate staff are competent and motivated through effective and efficient supervision and provides on the job training for subordinate staff
- Assists in the preparation of budget estimates for the development and maintenance of Training Centre assets
- Responsible for management of catering contracts for the Training Centre
- Matron is responsible for supervising the cleaning of offices, the cooking of meals and overseeing that the Centre dormitories and their laundry is clean always
- Responsible for the care of emergency sickness for people lodging in at the Centre hostels
- Ensure that the annual budget estimates for in his/her section are prepared and reviewed by the prescribed time and to make the necessary requests for the appropriate budget allocations.
- Monitor the expenditures in the division against the relevant budget to ensure that no excess expenditures are permitted to occur. If additional budget appropriations are required, ensure that the applications are made at the appropriate time and ensure that the yearly budget is effectively utilised and avoid incurring large expenditures in the closing months of the year.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Ensures that the execution of all works and all other operations of his section are carried out in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Directorate.
- Ensures that all reports and other information required from the section and its subsidiary units are completed accurately in the required formats and are submitted to the Roads Directorate Training Centre Principal in time.
- Liaises with other senior staff of the Roads Directorate in order to ensure good performance.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Have technical and administrative control over the personnel in his Section and to be responsible for the proper functioning and discipline of his section and in cases of default he is to recommend to the Roads Directorate Training Centre Principal for disciplinary proceedings to be instigated against the concerned personnel.
- Advise and assist in the training of Roads Directorate staff in matters pertaining to his/her section.
Degree in Hospitality Management/ Public Administration/ Business Administration / Social Sciences or equivalent
Minimum 2 years experience in residence/ as a matron / apartment /housing/dormitory management.
Demonstrated hospitality management ability
- Computer Literacy
- Good communication skills- oral and written
- Strong Interpersonal relations
- Sound decision making
- Good planning and organizing skills
Ability to work under pressure.
Roads Directorate Head office
Opposite Browns Cash and Carry
Tel: (+266) 52229000
Tel:(+266) 2222 9000
Roads Directorate Head office
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 194
Industrial Area, Maseru 100