TRAINEE LIBRARIAN – POST NUMBER 3335
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Trainee Librarian at the National University of Lesotho. The successful candidate will be part of the professional library staff cadre based in the Clients Access, Training and User Support (CATUS) and Information Resource Management (IRM) Divisions of the library. The post is on permanent and pensionable appointment.
• BA in any field of study and Diploma in Library and Information Studies
• A minimum of two year experience in an academic library
• Understanding of ICT practices, application and tools in academic libraries
• Familiarity with the Library System, with an added advantage of Millennium Package plus ITS interfaces
• Management of print and electronic formats of library information
• Experience in an online and offline information management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the supervision of the relevant Head of Department, participate in timely acquisition, processing and delivery of information to the clients; and following up on feedback
• As Assistant Subject Librarian interacts with assigned faculty/departments
• Assist in Collection Development and Open Access activities
• Mentor and supervise Access Assistants and reports as appropriate
• Performs any other duties assigned from time to time
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualification and experience.
Type of Contract:
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non-Locals.
Information required from candidates:
a) Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
b) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
c) Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail).
d) Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees
e) Certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
f) Certified copy of an Identity Document
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 18th September, 2020.
The applications should be emailed to [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.