- National Civil Diploma or equivalent.
- 0 – 2 year’s minimum related industry experience in Civil and / or Structural draughting desireable.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
Technical Expertise – Continuously work towards improving and updating technical abilities. Will personally seek out opportunities to develop technical knowledge base.
Cross Discipline Project Team Interaction – Appreciation of project set up and team structure across disciplines. Under guidance working with other discipline designers.
Cross Discipline Project Team Interaction – Proactively works with other discipline designers / engineers.
Understanding and meeting Schedule and Schedule dependencies – Accountable for deliverable production to suit project schedule.
Commercial Awareness and Customer Focus – demonstrates increasing customer (client) focus, be aware of and responsive to customer (client) needs without sacrificing the project and Corporate objectives.
Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints and anticipated consequences.
Interpretation of Engineering Requirements – Takes responsibility for quality of the interpretation. Initiates design solutions
- Initiative – Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability – Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications – Actively listens and seeks to understand others’ points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Problem Solving – Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Planning, Organizing & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently