We’re looking for a Trainee Buyer to ensure that we’re constantly offering the most exciting products to our 500+ stores internationally.
Working at our HQ in Durban you will have a unique opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of buying at one of South Africa’s top international omnichannel retailers.
What you’ll be doing…
- Deliver amazing administrative support to the team to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Maintain the Merchandise Process and make sure your suppliers meet each key date so the product runs on time
- Manage and keep track of hundreds of samples (fits, development, shoots/meetings)
- Work closely with marketing, quality, resource, visual merchandise and your suppliers on a daily basis
We’d love to meet, someone who…
- Lives and breathes fashion and is passionate about product
- Understands who the MRP customer is
- Great at teamwork
- Is super organised, able to use initiative and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Has great attention to detail to ensure all the important details are precise
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to build great relationships
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Fashion / Clothing or production
- 1 years’ experience in manufacturing will set you apart from the rest
What’s in it for you…
- Great benefits
- A company that focuses on their people’s wellbeing
- Appealing staff discounts and sample sales
- Best in class Learning & Development training and career development programmes
Who we are
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; MILADYS; sheet street and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.