The SOS Africa Western Cape Trust is a registered NPO that provides learning support and educational sponsorship for children from disadvantaged backgrounds. SOS Africa has operated in the Western Cape, specifically the Helderberg / Grabouw area, for four years. Covering the cost of school fees, transport, stationery and uniform, its primary focus is the ‘educational sponsorship’ of children from disadvantaged backgrounds. The Organisations commitment is to equip and support each child, in terms of his/her academic, emotional, social and spiritual growth, during the complete school cycle from Grade 1 through to Grade 12 (ages 6 to 18).
The SOS is seeking to employ a Club Leader to be based in Western Cape.
This is a full-time position.
Working hours:·School Term: Monday to Friday full day, Holidays: Club Holiday Programmes and/or employee training as agreed.
- Act in accordance with SOS policies
- Deliver learning support programme (mornings): facilitate and report on a prescribed reading programme
- Deliver after school programme (afternoons): facilitate the delivery of homework requirements
- Provide individualised attention to the children, appropriate to their age and stage of development
- Liaise with families and teachers of partnering schools
- Maintain the structure and processes of the appointed SOS Centre
- Manage resources within the Centre
- Perform administration relevant to the accurate facilitation of the programmes and maintenance of the Centre
- Work as part of a team to provide a safe, constructive and stimulating environment for the children
- Organise holiday programmes/outings
- Heartfelt passion for working with children and youth
- Teaching qualification (primary or secondary school)
- Experience working with children and youth at risk
- Strong leadership abilities
- Bi-lingual (read, write, understand English and Afrikaans)
- Computer literate
- Driving licence (Code 8) and own transport an advantage
To apply, submit your CV and motivational letter to [email protected]
Only applications with a complete CV and motivational letter will be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted and no other correspondence will be entered into.
The SOS Africa Western Cape Trust reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about The SOS Africa Western Cape Trust, refer to https://www.facebook.com/SOSAfricaCharity/