The KAUST Global Fellowship Program supports outstanding emerging research leaders and scientists from around the world to build their path towards a fully independent career. The program inspires the young generation of scientists and engineers to explore and address global challenges and opportunities for the benefit of humanity. The program is merit based, targeting excellent postdocs with breakthrough ideas to complement, support, contribute and advance the major research initiatives of KAUST. In our ‘research-first’ environment, Global Fellows have full access to key research tools, equipment, unparalleled facilities, and expertise surrounded by a strong community of excellence.
- Must be within four years of earning their Ph.D. or have a maximum of four years of post-Ph.D. research experience with a justified career break (see Guide for Applicants or the FAQs);
- Must expect to complete their Ph.D. prior to the start of their Fellowship;
- Must be ready to move in KAUST to undertake their proposed three-year research project*;
- Must have a KAUST faculty member agreeing to host the applicant and support their independent research under this Fellowship, if successful. Applicants will need to include supportive evidence in regard to this agreement between them and the KAUST PI (e.g. Host PI support letter or email confirmation)
People of all nationalities are welcome to apply. We encourage female applications for a better gender balance in science.
- Focus in one or more of the KAUST five Research Pillars: Water, Energy, the Environment, Food & Health, and the Digital domain
- Have a 3-year duration
- Follow the budget and financial guidelines of the call
- Use the templates provided
KAUST Global Fellowship Program is supporting research in line with the programs of KAUST academic divisions; Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering (BESE), Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering (CEMSE), and Physical Science and Engineering (PSE).
- Applications must be drafted in English using the provided templates and must be submitted via the online application form.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for evaluation.
- Before applying, download and carefully read the instructions, materials and templates:
The following documents must be uploaded and submitted with the online application form:
- Most recent CV (max 4 pages)
- Research proposal (template)
- Two publications (links or attachments)
- KAUST Host PI letter (template)
- Two reference letters to be received from referees via email
For More Information: