Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
Suitable start-ups to be funded through develoPPP Ventures are selected during an open ideas competition. This takes place twice a year and is open to all start-ups that meet the conditions for participation. Depending on the target country, the funding contract is concluded with one of the two implementing partners, DEG Impulse gGmbH or Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Participation requirements for the develoPPP Ventures ideas competition
- Your company is registered in the target country or plans to register there prior to the co-financed growth investment
- You are pursuing an innovative business model and are already generating initial revenues (proof of concept)
- Your business model has high development relevance and scalability and contributes to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania
Funding within the framework of develoPPP Ventures is currently possible in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania. The application and selection process is supported in each country by a team of local experts who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Applications for develoPPP Ventures go through a multi-stage selection process.
- First, a selection is made on the basis of the application documents and pitches.
- The companies that are successful in this phase are then reviewed as part of the due diligence process, for which more detailed information is evaluated (i.e. the business plan including financial projections (for at least 5 years), annual financial statements, information on other investors).
The develoPPP Ventures ideas competition takes place twice a year. You can submit your application documents during the following time windows:
- 2nd quarter: May 15 to June 30
- 4th quarter: November 15 to December 31
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the develoPPP Ventures Ideas Competition