The Black Sash seeks to appoint a Senior Administrator to National Management, to be based in Mowbray, Cape Town.
Start date: Immediately
Remuneration: R 18,780.93 per month (including benefits)
Employment Type: Permanent
The purpose of the Senior Administrator to National Management is to provide quality administrative support to national management.
- Minute-taking (including management and trust meetings) and report writing
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the organisation’s database
- Administration support to several national managers
- Governance / logistical support
- Meeting and workshop support
- Tertiary Qualification eg. BA Administration and/or Secretarial Diploma / Certicate at a Tertiary Institution
- An unendorsed driver’s licence is essential
- English language skills (verbal, written and editing)
- Advance computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- People relations skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and be proactive
- Minimum of three years experience as a Senior Administrator
- Three to five years working experience in data administration and one or more of the areas such as Resource, Office and Project Administration
- Experience of secretarial support to governing structures and management committees
- Command of spoken and written English is required, and at least one other South African language
- Must be committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment with integrity, honesty and has respect for confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team and with a transparent, accountable and consultative style and embrace the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash
- Ability to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and prepared to work hard, under pressure and to deadline, often beyond normal office hours, and to travel occasionally
To apply, submit a Cover Letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to [email protected] or fax to 021 686 7168
Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan.
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel: (021) 686 6952
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more information about the Black Sash, refer to www.blacksash.org.za