The AFRINIC Fellowship Programme provides opportunities for individuals from African countries who have an interest in Internet operations and governance to participate in AFRINIC-29. The fellowship provides basic financial assistance to applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria and who are subsequently selected by the Fellowship Committee. Successful fellows will receive an award to partially cover travel and living expenses associated with attending AFRINIC-29. The selected fellow is expected to actively contribute to Internet Number Resource Management awareness in the AFRINIC service region prior, during and after the meeting. He/She is also expected to provide reports on how this fellowship has benefited his/her organisation/country.
|Open registration||Monday, July 30, 2018|
|Close registration||Friday, August 24, 2018|
|Notification to selected||Friday, September 14, 2018|
|Deadline of acceptance by Fellows acceptance||Tuesday, September 26, 2018|
|Final acceptance and publication of fellows list||Monday, October 1, 2018|
See below the guidelines before applying for the fellowship.
The AFRINIC fellowship is for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and organisation that are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policy in their countries and respective communities. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to Internet number resource management awareness and policy development in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member
- Should have a technical (IT, Computer Science) background
- Must not have not benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships
- Must be willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organisation/country within an agreed time frame
The fellowship includes:
- Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the AFRINIC Plenary sessions, from the day before the beginning of the Plenary to the last day of the event
- A per diem allowance
Closing date: 24 August 2018