Invitation to Tender LEC/PO-1019/2021/22
The Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd (LEC) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders Electrical Equipment Manufacturers, local representatives or Electrical Contractors for the provision of necessary Goods and Works, design, labour, materials, equipment, installation, commissioning, testing, and other technical and civil engineering services necessary for the successful completion of the TENDER FOR UPGRADING OF MORIJA SUBSTATION TO 2 x 10MVA 33/11KV TRANSFORMER IN MASERU, LESOTHO.
The works includes but not limited to the following;
• Design, excavation and construction of 2 x 10MVA transformer Plinths
• Design, excavation and construction of 33kV bay equipment and platforms for support structures
• Design, excavation and construction for control cables and power cable trenches
• Design, supply and delivery of 2 x 10MVA 33/11kV transformer
• Design, supply and delivery of 33/11kV transformer protection panels
• Rigging, erection, testing and commissioning of the 2 x 10MVA 33/11kV transformers and all electrical works at Morija substation and hand over to LEC
• Design, supply and installation of 11kV incomers and bus-section
• Design, supply and installation of 33kV outdoor equipment that includes isolators, CT’s, Surge arrestors, circuit breakers, earth switches and 11kV NECRT’s
• Design, supply and installation of power cables, protection and control cables
• Install and commission one transformer bay & rehabilitate existing bay to accommodate second transformer
• Fencing of the substation site
• The existing old panels are connected on the SCADA system. It is mandatory and critical that new panels to be supplied shall be connected on the SCADA system and be commissioned to maintain full substation remote monitoring and control from the LEC Control Centers.
• Comprehensive contracts management
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at Procurement offices at:
Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd.
53 Moshoeshoe Road, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 423,
Maseru, 100, Lesotho
Tel: +266 2231 2236 or 5227 2219, or 5227 2360 or 5227 2146
A complete set of bidding documents is available from Procurement Office.
Bids must be delivered to the tender box located at LEC Management Block reception on or before 12:00hrs on Thursday 12th August 2021. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 12:00hrs on Thursday 12th August 2021 at LEC offices.
Site Visit: The bidder is advised that it is his/her responsibility to visit and examine the site of works and its surroundings and obtain for himself/herself, all information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and entering into a contract. The costs of visiting the site and obtaining the necessary information shall be borne by the bidders. Clarifications shall be communicated in writing and the deadline will be one week before the tender closing date.