LESOTHO ELECTRICITY COMPANY (PTY) LTD
Invitation to Tender LEC/PO-1017/2021/22
The Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd (LEC) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders: High Voltage Electrical Equipment Manufacturers, Local Eligible Electrical Contractors for the provision of necessary Goods and Works, design, labour, materials, equipment, installation, commissioning, testing, and other technical services necessary for the successful completion of the TENDER FOR REPLACEMENT OF OLD 11KV PANELS AT HIGHWAY AND OLD 33KV PANELS AT PIONEER, HIGHWAY, MABOTE, MAZENOD AND MAPUTSOE SUBSTATIONS.
The works involve the following;
• Design, supply, delivery to site, off-loading and installation of 11kV and 33kV Switchgear Panels at different LEC substations (From Roma in Maseru up to Hlotse in Leribe).
• Configuration of protection and communications protocols such that the new equipment shall be remotely monitored and operated by LEC Control Centres.
• Configuration of protection to be compatible with existing to facilitate effective protection of system and stability of network.
• Comprehensive planning of installations in order to minimise power interruptions because the replacement is going to be done on live substations that supply LEC critical loads.
• Upgrades on some existing equipment and commissioning of the 11kV and 33kV Switchgear Panels and hand over to LEC.
• Protection and control functions for Mabote, Mazenod and Maputsoe 33kV panels are to be compatible with 132kV panels.
• De-commissioning of old panels, transport and off-load them at LEC Mohokare office and Leribe Stores; and comprehensive contracts management
• The existing old panels are connected on the SCADA system. It is mandatory and critical that new panels to be supplied shall be connected on the SCADA system and be commissioned to maintain full substation remote monitoring and control from the LEC Control Centres.
New panels must fit into the space of the old panels. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at Procurement offices at:
Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd.
53 Moshoeshoe Road, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 423,
Maseru, 100, Lesotho
Tel: +266 2231 2236 or 5227 2219 5227 2360 or 5227 2146
Email: [email protected] [email protected]; [email protected]
A complete set of bidding documents is available from Procurement Office. Bids must be delivered to the tender box located at LEC Management Block reception on or before 12:00hrs on Thursday 12th August 2021. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 12:00hrs on Thursday 12th August 2021 at LEC offices.
Site Visit: The bidder is advised that it is his/her responsibility to visit and examine the site of works and its surroundings and obtain for himself/herself, all information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and entering into a contract. The costs of visiting the site and obtaining the necessary information shall be borne by the bidders. Clarifications shall be communicated in writing and the deadline will be one week before the tender closing date.