To provide legal assistant and support to the Legal, Compliance and Enforcement Team. The legal assistant will provide support in the following areas; contract management, legal advisory, litigation, enforcement and compliance.
- Provide support in respect of litigation, contractual and compliance matters;
- Conducting of legal research and drafting of memoranda and/or legal opinions;
- Management and maintenance of the Section library;
- Provide general support on legal advisory services as and when required;
- Provide support in respect of litigation matters;
- Draft letters of demand for recoveries;
- Engage with homebuilders to arrange acknowledgement of debt when required;
- Update recoveries register;
- Prepare instruction letters to attorneys for interdicts, recoveries and litigation matters;
- Maintain litigation register;
- Assist Legal Advisor s during Consultation meetings with attorneys as required;
- Drafting of contracts and legal documents;
- Coordinate the distribution and delivery of approved and emended contracts to relevant recipients;
- Drafting of enforcement and/or other related legal documents;
- Draft suspension memos for review;
- Draft affidavits, charge sheets and charge letters for review,
- Preparing of Disciplinary Committee packs;
- Liaise with Home builders on matters related to disciplinary Hearings;
- Assist paralegal in sending verdicts to Home builders;
- Provide support to ensure compliance with the Housing Consumers Protection Act, Act 95 of 1998, its regulations and the code of conduct;
- Monitoring and applicable legislation to ensure compliance there to;
- Liaising and responding to legal queries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Grade 12
- Must hold an appropriate Diploma in Law
- 1-2 years’ experience in Legal environment
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 6 months’ contract.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Tel: (011) –
CLOSING DATE: 18 June 2019
Please email your CV to [email protected] with “Temporary Legal Assistant: Gauteng” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.