Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for a highly qualified local candidate for the following position, which is available on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis. The position is based at BCMCFL Maseru Center of Excellence.
The Technical Director will provide technical leadership to BCMCFL’s programs and donor funded project interventions. S/he will be responsible for providing technical oversight to the design and implementation of key components of the Foundation’s programs and projects, and will manage a team of technical staff across the Foundation, ensuring smooth coordination and implementation of program activities which are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. S/he will supervise technical and program staff, overseeing development and implementation of annual work plans in collaboration with Project Directors, lead the design, implementation and reporting of Foundation and projects activities, and represent BCMFCL to donors and partners as needed. S/he will liaise with Project Directors and technical staff for directly donor-funded projects to ensure collaboration and coordination amongst all BCMCFL service lines and activities. The Technical Director will report directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Member of BCMCFL’s Senior Management Team;
- Ensures the technical excellence of BCMCFL’s programming, leading technical aspects, including strategic planning and implementation, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encouraging effective teamwork across the Foundation and project teams;
- Participates in development and implementation of Quality Improvement initiatives;
- In collaboration with Senior Management, Project Directors and Projects Manager(s), oversees the development and submission of all new project proposals and actively investigates and recommends new funding opportunities in alignment with BCMCFL’s mission and vision;
- Facilitates the preparation of programmatic deliverables, including annual work-plans, quarterly and annual reports, final project programmatic reports, projects activities updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials in accordance with donor deadlines and branding guidelines and in collaboration with Directors of BCMCFL’s directly donor-funded projects;
- Supervises a team of technical and program staff, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained among team members;
- Leads the annual work planning process for the Foundation in close collaboration with donors, MoH, technical and program teams, as well as other relevant stakeholders;
- Provides programmatic leadership for, and oversees the strategic planning of activities in support of the Foundation and/ or projects goals, objectives, including the determination of the Foundation and or projects priorities and appropriate technical initiatives;
- Ensures technical quality, adequacy and clarity in the Foundation and projects deliverables and communication materials;
- Manages relationships with local partners and ensures quality of program implementation;
- Collaborates with monitoring, evaluation, research and learning teams, compliance, HR and administration as well as finance staff in achieving program objectives;
- Provides guidance and mentoring to managers and clinical staff to achieve the Foundation and projects goals;
- Represents the Foundation and projects in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms;
- Performs other duties that are assigned by the administration.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading quality HIV/AIDS and TB programming interventions in Lesotho;
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR and Global Fund programs, and strong familiarity with USAID and Global Fund reporting requirements;
- Extensive knowledge of Lesotho’s institutional, policy and programming context for HIV and TB;
- Experience in clinical supervision and program management;
- Solid understating of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse team on projects;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and strong analytical, organizational and planning skills;
- Previous experience in senior supervisory and/or management roles;
- Strong ability to engage with, build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders, including local communities, government officials, and implementing partner representatives, and donors;
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO) with USAID-funded projects;
- Knowledge of USG rules and regulations;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan and organize, and manage resources;
- Ability to motivate, influence, delegate and collaborate with others;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in Sesotho and English.
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Tuesday, 10th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be done through email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.