Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for Technical Associate II – Integrated Catchment Management and Livelihoods Restoration in Maseru, Lesotho. Full job descriptions and employment application form can be obtained by request from: [email protected] subject: JD Request
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
POSITION: TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE – INTEGRATED CATCHMENT MANAGEMENT AND LIVELIHOODS RESTORATION
You will provide technical analysis and support in the area of Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) and Livelihoods Restoration in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practice to technical staff, and Country Program (CP) staff to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Working closely with other technical experts your skills and knowledge will contribute to institutionalizing ICM in Lesotho and building CRS Lesotho as a leader in ICM and Livelihoods Restoration in-country and globally.
- Master’s in International Development, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, or related field required.
- Minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience with an international NGO, with at least three years of field-based programming experience.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- In-depth knowledge of technical principles and concepts pertaining to ICM and Livelihoods Restoration.
- Knowledge of program design requirements and regulations of major donors.
- Knowledge of project design and proposal development
- Knowledge of latest technological tools that have the potential to be applied in ICM and Livelihoods Restoration
- In-depth knowledge of Government of Lesotho ICM initiatives
- Proven experience in participatory action planning, designing and delivering trainings, community mobilization and capacity building for ICM prevention measures and livelihoods strengthening at community level
- Strong English writing skills.
Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV, CRS Employment application form and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than Friday, 11th October 2019 at 17:00 by email to [email protected].
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
No hard copy applications will be accepted