Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for a Technical Associate II – Agricultural Livelihoods in Maseru, Lesotho:
As Technical Associate II – Green Value Chains (GVC), you will provide technical analysis and support in the area of agricultural livelihoods in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practice to technical staff, and Country Program (CP) staff to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Working closely with technical experts your skills and knowledge will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ agricultural livelihoods programming is across the globe.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze technical information from a variety of sources for technical problems to support CP teams in achieving technical excellence in ongoing agricultural livelihoods programs/projects.
- Support the development of program/project documents and tools, as well as technical manuals or guidance, training materials, and quality improvement and assessment guidelines.
- Prepare presentations and coordinate project communication needs through writing and editing communication resources, such as case studies, brochures, briefs, peer-reviewed articles or reports, for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate and/or perform various activities in support of program/project design and implementation, including but not limited to needs assessment, strategic planning, program design and proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, and technological solutions.
- Collect and disseminate agricultural livelihoods related information and resources to CRS staff and partners and assist with organization, design and coordination of training workshops to support capacity building efforts. Identify new approaches and methods for online learning.
- Contribute to the learning agenda by researching and analyzing information, conducting literature reviews, mappings or information gathering from various internal and external sources on assigned topics. Coordinate maintenance of virtual resource and documentation databases.
- Master’s in international development, Agricultural Livelihoods, or agricultural policy advocacy required.
- Minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience with an international NGO, with at least one year of field-based programming experience.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- General knowledge of technical principles and concepts in agricultural livelihoods.
- Knowledge of program design requirements and regulations of major donors.
- Knowledge of project design and proposal development.
- Knowledge of latest technological tools that have the potential to be applied in agricultural livelihoods.
- Strong English writing skills.
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 24th December 2021 at 17:00 by email to to [email protected] with the subject line: CRS-TA II GVC CO-LSO. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer