Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Faith and Community Initiative is a 1-year USAID funded project to engage communities of faith in the response against HIV/AIDS with a focus on reaching men and children with testing and services; raising community awareness; and strengthening justice for children.
THESE POSITIONS ARE CONTINGENT UPON GRANT APPROVAL BY THE DONOR
POSITION: TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE – FAITH AND COMMUNITIES INITIATIVE SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING
As Technical Associate – Faith and Communities Initiative Systems Strengthening for CRS/Lesotho, you will coordinate and convene activities of the Faith and Communities Initiative Project Steering Committee and provide support to the Technical Working Group and Core Group of Religious Leaders Forum tasked with moving the Lesotho Faith Sector Implementation Framework on HIV and AIDS forward. You will also provide technical support in the planning, implementation and monitoring of key project activities.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, social work, public health, theology or related field
- Additional experience may substitute for some education
- Minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience with an international NGO, with at least one year of field-based programming experience.
- Familiarity with faith-based systems and structures in Lesotho, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs
- Experience effectively engaging with peer organizations and faith-based and civil society partners and strengthening partnerships Understanding of partnership principles.
- General knowledge of technical principles and concepts in HIV/AIDS, capacity strengthening and program management
- Strong English writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, knowledge-sharing networks.
Full job descriptions and employment application form can be obtained by request from: [email protected] subject: JD Request
Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV, CRS Employment application form and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than Friday, 11th October 2019 at 17:00 by email to [email protected].
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
No hard copy applications will be accepted.