Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Division: RSA Delegation
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Nature of employment: Temporary Technical Consultant
Duration: Short term : 6 months starting from 01-08- 2018
The Republic of South African Delegation Office in the Lesotho Highlands Water Commission (LHWC) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the position of Temporary Technical Assistant to the Chief Engineer. The RSA Delegation represents the interests of the two countries on the implementation of the Lesotho Highlands Water Project (LHWP). The LHWC comprises of a Lesotho and an RSA Delegation including a Secretariat and is located in Maseru.
The implementation of Phase II of the LHWP, in addition to the ongoing Operations and Maintenance of Phase I features, is now at a point where additional staff is required in the Maseru office of the Delegation to effectively comply with its mandate given in the Treaty ie Monitor implementation progress, render Advice to the LHDA, TCTRA and DWS on matters relating to the Project and the Approving of relevant items as contemplated in the Treaty
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The purpose of this position, is not limited to:
- To provide. technical assistance as a consultant to the Chief Engineer in the Lesotho Highlands Water Commission — RSA Delegation in the implementation of Phase 11 of the Lesotho Highlands Water Project
- To provide recommendations for approval, monitoring, advice and oversight over all engineering projects and contractual matters and social development projects of a technical nature in both the LHWC and LHDA with specific reference to the design and construction and Operation and Maintenance of the Polihali Dam, Polihali to Katse Tunnel and various items of the Advanced Infrastructure.
- Advice on the approval of construction contracts
- Monitoring of Contracts
- Specialist advice on engineering matters
- Specialist advice on operations and maintenance of projects to be built
- Report writing
- Minimum: BSc (Civil Engineering).
- Registered as Professional Engineer with ECSA or similar entity
- At least 5 years experience of the following is required: Design engineer, Supervision of Construction
- Experience of project management on large civil engineering projects in a multi-disciplinary environment will be an added advantage.
- Scope management
- Time management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- Procurement management
- Contracts management
- Integrated environmental management
REMUNERATION and PAYMENT
- The candidate shall supply an all inclusive daily billing rate subject Lesotho Income Taxation
- Payment will be done by the RSA Delegation
Please Email your CV accompanied by Cover Letter to [email protected] . applications will only be accepted by email. The subject should be the position title. For enquiries, please contact Mr V Nhlapo on +266 5221 4000
Losing dates for applications is: 13 July 2018 at 17h00.
“All appointments shall be subject to Competency Assessments”.