Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Faith and Community Initiative is a 1-year USAID funded project to engage communities of faith in the response against HIV/AIDS with a focus on reaching men and children with testing and services; raising community awareness; and strengthening justice for children.
POSITION: TECHNICAL ADVISOR II-FAITH AND COMMUNITIES INITIATIVE
As Technical Advisor II – Faith and Communities Initiative, you will provide leadership and overall management of project activities in Lesotho to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality project implementation in line with CRS’ program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines and industry best practice through engagement with faith communities.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, social work, public health, theology or related field
- Minimum of five years relevant working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of three years working for programming interventions in HIV/AIDS
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in HIV/AIDS programming. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach
- Experience in business development, project design and proposal development including technical writing.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
- Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects.
- 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Full job descriptions and employment application form can be obtained by request from: [email protected] subject: JD Request
Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV, CRS Employment application form and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than Friday, 11th October 2019 at 17:00 by email to [email protected].
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
No hard copy applications will be accepted.