Employment opportunity: Household survey field data collection
Household survey field data collection staff needed (Team Leaders and Interviewers), for the Urban Expansion of the Lesotho National Information System for Social Assistance (NISSA), 2020, as implemented by the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). The field data collection will be implemented by the Geospace International field survey company.
- Household interviews will be captured using mobile tablet devices with digital software
- Team Leaders: Field team and logistics management, community liaison, door to door household interviews, registration centre management, team vehicle management.
- Field Interviewers: Community liaison, door to door household and registration centre interviews
- Lesotho citizenship without a criminal record
- Applicants with tertiary academic qualifications will receive strong preference – provide proof of qualification/s
- Applicants living within or near the areas of field data collection (urban areas), will receive strong preference – provide proof of address or similar
- Applicants with experience in household survey field data collection projects, using digital devices (tablets, mobile phones), will receive strong preference (especially previous NISSA rounds)
- Applicants MUST be computer literate – screening and tests will be conducted
- Only applicants who have a valid driver’s license will be considered for Team Leader positions. Include proof of license
- Applicants must be willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time. The project is implemented across urban areas in Lesotho
- Applicants must be willing to work public holidays, weekends and irregular hours, with a fair degree of walking each day
- Estimated period of employment is between April 2020 and July 2020
- Only limited period contract employment is offered, and will be entered into with Geospace International
- Training will be provided, and trainees will be required to pass administered tests before contract appointment
- Being invited to attend training DOES NOT constitute an offer of employment
- CVs needs to be e-mailed to [email protected] before the 10th of March 2020, no hard copy applications
- CVs need to be detailed.
- The applicant will receive an automated proof of receipt email from Geospace to confirm the email was received
- No telephonic calls or other emails from applicants will be accepted. If successful, the applicant will be contacted by Geospace.