Job title: Team Leader, Programme Management Expert – Technical Assistance – Lesotho
(Minimum input 45 man-months)
Qualifications and Skills
- Must hold a BSc/BEng degree or equivalent in Civil engineering; or Electrical engineering; or Mechanical Engineering; or Water Resources Engineering or equivalent
- Must have a post-graduate qualification in Project Management, or Engineering Management, or Construction Management or equivalent
General professional experience
- Must have good command of written and spoken English
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years professional experience required (postgraduate)
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience related to implementation of similar or comparable water supply programs. Similar or comparable means that each project should include water or wastewater treatment and/or transmission and/or distribution for a city (or cumulative if several cities) above 150,000 people. Project value should be above EUR 60m.
- The Consultant must also have experience in managing projects financed by international institutions e.g., World Bank, EIB, AfDB, or UN Agencies, etc.
- Registration with an established professional institution will be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years related experience as a Programme Manager or Team Leader providing technical assistance in project management in a similar or comparable project.
- Must have experience in defining, setting up and implementing programme management tools (minimum 2 programmes/projects);
- Experience in establishing contingency plans and identifying trigger events would be an advantage.
- Experience in the sub-Saharan Africa water sector would be an advantage.