Forestry – Victoria Country Club Estate
TCS Assistant Accountant ( HRL 15 )
Sappi Southern Africa Forests requires a TCS Assistant Accountant t o ensure all Timber Control System (TCS) aspects regarding Khulisa, Small Markets Sales and Mills are effectively managed
This rolereports in to the Regional TCS Accountant
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Ensure silviculture and timber payments are duly authorised and limits of authority adhered too by the relevant Project Managers ensuring compliance with policy
- Verify payments weekly to ensure the smooth, efficient functioning of the payment process making sure the correct payment parameters are adhered too.
- Verify payment accuracy by reviewing weekly payment recons prior to payment to ensure correct amounts are processed.
- Monitor Loan recoveries weekly by ensuring recoveries are made from timber deliveries this will enable reduction in the loan account balances
- Ensure the consolidated Khulisa payment is balanced and deadlines are met weekly to avoid suppliers not being paid
- Create Vendor Master accounts timeously for new growers and contractors in SAP and TCS to enable source activations and processing of payments.
- Update Vendor Master changes timeously for any changes to grower and contractors (eg bank detail changes) in SAP to ensure correct processing of payments.
- Ensure loan recoveries are made from timber deliveries to reduce amounts owing to Sappi by checking if a supplier does not have loan balance before payment is made
- Upload customer loan statements to Forcelink for easy access by growers to check balances owing at any period
- Ensure interest on Resources loan accounts are calculated monthly & annually to ensure the statements reflects correct amounts
- Report monthly on loan balances and admin related aspects of Khulisa to management for review and statistical purposes on loan movements by submitting month on month balances.
- Review monthly recociliations and follow-up on unresolved reconciliation items with relevant staff
- Control fertiliser and chemical provision account reconciliations by ensuring all purchases are timeously charged to the individual loan accounts
- Ensure all stock on hand is accounted for and reviewed by Khulisa operations staff by requesting email confirmation and stock reconciliations from all areas
- Report on outstanding chemical and fertilizer provision account balances and outstanding vendor items to management.
- Manage and monitor all TCS payments submited to GBS to enure payments are not missed or duplicated
- Ensure Khulisa payments are sent weekly to GBS in order for payments to be effected timeously to growers
- Communicate any payment deviations to the relevant people.
- Report on payment summary and cash flow forecast to management
- Ensure source activations received from operational staff are accurately and timeously activated in TCS to avoid any delays in label printing for timber deliveries
- Ensure all spot supplier source activations are verified and in line with the authorised agreements
- Ensure all sales are recorded in TCS by collating information received from external sources to ensure real time information and compliance to credit policy
- Monitor all cash in advance customers by ensuring payments are reflecting in Sappi’s bank account before sales are made to avoid any write offs
- Ensure source activations received from operational staff are accurately and timeously activated in TCS to avoid any delays in label printing and/or sales updates
- Engage with relevant stakeholder to ensure sales are recorded timeously
- Perform quarterly sales audits at sawmill markets and hauliers ensuring audit compliance.
- Plan and facilitate Khulisa Forester workshops quarterly to enable knowledge sharing between the departments and to conduct continued training on the different systems and procedures.
- Strong data extraction skills to be able to extract raw data from the various systems and present only meaningful data to assist with decision making.
- Provide staff training on new system developments and updates
- Review and updated Khulisa processes and procedures annually to ensure valid ity
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- SAP experience would be advantageous
- Proven advanced excel skills
Cosing Date: 28th November 2019
Susan Anne Kirkman
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.