𝑷𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑺𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑵𝑮 𝑩𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑶𝑵𝑮 𝑯𝑰𝑽/𝑨𝑰𝑫𝑺 𝑵𝑬𝑻𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑲 Situated in the Leribe district, Phelisanang Bophelong (PB) is a Non-Governmental and Community based organisation of people living with HIV established 2004. Phelisanang Bophelong HII/AIDS Network’s core mandate is to improve quality of health for vulnerable populations through universal access to treatment, care and support services. Phelisanang Bophelong HIV/AIDS Network (PB) reaches beneficiaries with services ranging from prevention of TB/HIV and AIDS to impact mitigation through treatment, care, support and protection services at community and health facility levels. Phelisanang Bophelong HIV/AIDS Network (PB) is implementing a five-year global project lead by FHI360 and funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The Epic Project is implemented with the support of FHI360 and targets Men who have sex with men (MSM), Transgender People, People who Inject Drugs and Inmate and expand the priority population services. The project will be implemented in the Leribe district. The Project duration is from 01st October to 30th September 2024.
PB through the Epic Project has vacancies for the following positions.
1. 𝑻𝑩/𝑯𝑰𝑽 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝑵𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 (1)
Under supervision of Program Coordinator, TB/HIV Clinical Nurse will work at the Drop – In Center and Community level and ensure that program participants receive comprehensive HIV/TB care, prevention and treatment services. Key duties and responsibilities include;
• Support HIV testing and counselling services to program participants
• Work closely with HIV case management Team to develop appropriate referral and linkages for HIV infected program participants
• ART initiation of all HIV infected program participants at facility and community level as per National Care and Treatment Guidelines
• Screen for TB, STI, VMMC and other services and coordinate with health for linkages to services
• Ensure proper record keeping and timely report submission
• Initiate program participants on PrEP and perform other PrEP services as per National Guidelines
• Work closely with program staff to ensure proper effective PLHIV tracking in both facility and community settings
• Work with data clerk and SI Team to ensure proper record keeping and reporting as per reporting guidance
• Supervise the Nurse Assistant
• Compile monthly reports and submit to the coordinator
Basic Requirements, qualifications, skills and competencies
• Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery;
• Bachelor’s Degree will be added advantage;
• Must be registered with the Lesotho Nursing Council (LNC);
• At least Two (2) years’ experience supporting HIV/TB programs in clinical and community settings;
• Experience working with key populations and added advantage;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends;
• LGBTIQ+ community friendly;
• Duty station for this position is Leribe, Maputsoe.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
• To apply for these positions, Submit the application cover letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Certified academic qualifications;
• Three (3) names of your professional Referees and their contacts details (including their telephones and email addresses) must be attached on your Curriculum Vitae. One of them should be from your current or latest previous employer.
• Applications should be submitted via email ONLY. Hand – delivered applications will NOT be accepted. The email address to be used is: email@example.com
• Applications should be submitted ON OR BEFORE the : 29th September 2023 at 17:00 P.M; and no late applications will be accepted;
• For further clarifications, kindly contact the HR and Operations Officer at (+266) 50644444 or (+266) 63947014
• ONLY shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.