Lesotho has the second highest TB incidence rate in the world at 852 per 100,000 and the second-highest HIV prevalence rate of 25% among 15-49 age group. Three out of four people diagnosed with TB have HIV, and only one in two
people estimated to have TB disease are diagnosed (case detection rate of 49%) a clear evidence of the need for intensified efforts to find people living with TB so that they may access lifesaving care and treatment. With support from the Global Fund (GF) Jhpiego, in collaboration with the MOH and CHAL, will be implementing a 3 year multi-sectoral partnership response project aimed at stepping up universal access to TB/HN prevention, care and treatment.
With support from the Global Fund (GF) Jhpiego in collaboration with the MOH will be implementing a three year multi-sectoral partnership response project aimed at stepping up universal access to HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment programs in the five maintenance districts, namely: Butha-Buthe, Mokhotlong, Thaba-Tseka, Qacha’s Nek and Quthing. Based on afore mentioned, Jhpiego is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the positions of TB Contact Tracers for the project funded by Global Fund through the Government Principal Recipient (PR), Project Management Unit (PMU).
Job Title: TB Contact Tracers (x40), Butha-Buthe (x8), Mokhotlong (x8), Thaba-Tseka (x10), Qacha’s Nek (x7), Quthing (x7)
TB Contact Tracers will work closely with work closely with the TB/HIV clinical Mentors, TB Coordinators and/or officers and facility based TB Screeners, to trace confirmed TB cases and conduct TB contact tracing at household and community levels as well as in schools when necessary. The TB Contact Tracers report directly to the TB/HIV Advisor.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Tracing all confirmed TB cases and conducting contact tracing to all of their family members and other relevant contacts in the villages, schools and/or work places.
- Collecting sputum samples from all clients with presumptive signs of TB and ensuring that the sputums reach the laboratories for sputum analysis.
- Follow up sputum results (positive or negative) from the laboratories to ensure that all clients received their results.
- Follow up clients who are confirmed to have TB, to ensure they are linked to care and treatment.
- Working closely with the respective Village Health Workers, ensure that TB clients take and complete their TB treatment and adhere to the given TB care and support
- Documenting and reporting accurate data of all clients and sharing such information with the relevant TB/HIV Clinical Mentors and/or M&E Officer when needed.
- Provide supportive supervision to the TB Contact Tracers and work In collaboration with the TB/HIV Advisor to conduct their performance evaluations
- Maintain discipline within the members of the team by Identifying and resolving workplace problems ensuring that employees adhere to Jhpiego’s policies and procedures
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
- Minimum qualification is a pass in COSC.
- Experience working in public health programs in Lesotho.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both Sesotho and In English.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Ability and willingness- to travel around Lesotho and in remote and hard to reach areas both on foot and/or on horseback where needed.
- Should reside in any of the maintenance districts: Butha-Buthe, Mokhotlong, Thaba-Tseka, Qacha’s Nek and Quthing
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Correspondence will be communicated with shortlisted candidates only
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates, transcripts and identity document. All applications addressed for the attention of Senior Human Resources and Operations Manager must be hand delivered to Jhpiego Office Dolphin House #2, ground floor, 23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area Maseru or to the offices of District Health Management Teams (DW I’s) of the five mentioned maintenance districts by 12 noon on Friday, 07 September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org,