BASELINE SURVEY NURSE ASSISTANTS (8) – Butha-Buthe (4) and Mokhotlong (4)
SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organization working to improve the health care of 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Working with national partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, we are committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of our work.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated, hard-working, pro-active and hands-on individuals who are interested in research to conduct a baseline survey in Butha-Buthe and Mokhotlong Districts under the ComBaCaL Project. The individuals will work in collaboration with the DHMT, Health Facilities in Butha-Buthe & Mokhotlong, ComBaCaL partners and Stakeholders.
ComBaCaL (Community Based chronic disease Care Lesotho) is a project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and developed by a consortium involving the Ministry of Health Lesotho (MoH), the Swiss NGO SolidarMed, the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), the National University of Lesotho (NUL), and affected communities. ComBaCaL is a multi-disciplinary research for development program aimed at fighting this disproportionate health and socio-economic burden posed by NCDs in Lesotho.
Contract Duration – 6 months
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the ComBaCaL Baseline Survey (BLS) in the community
- Mobilize and sensitize the communities involved in BLS in close collaboration with the BLS Team.
- Support planning, implementing, and reporting of ComBaCaL BLS.
- Assist in assessing BLS progress and report challenges immediately to the Baseline Survey Nurse ComBaCaL Project Skills and Required Competencies:
- No specific experience required
- A valid registration certificate with the Lesotho Nursing Council
- Sound computer literacy, effective communication skills,
- Ability to work in community health context and communication effectively with all people
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex work environment. Pay attention to detail
- Strong work ethics
- Willingness to work over weekends and staying for a prolonged period in remote villages
Qualifications – Minimum Certificate in Nursing (Nurse Assistant)
Applications must include:
- Application letter
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Provide contact details of 2 professional referees
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copy of current council registration
- Certified copies of ID or Passport
Interested candidates should send applications via email to: [email protected] on or before Friday 2nd July 2021. Subject line: BLS NURSE ASSISTANT.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.