CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES LESOTHO
ANTICIPATED FOOD FOR EDUCATION PROJECT
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Reports to: Chief of Party
About Catholic Relief Services (CRS):
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
As an integral part of an anticipated Food for Education project, the Supply Chain Manager plans, manages, and provides technical and operational oversight of all supply chain activities – including procurement, logistics, transportation, and warehousing – to ensure effective and efficient delivery of goods to project participants. The Supply Chain Manager’s knowledge and experience will facilitate anticipation of challenges, and introduce improvements as s/he applies principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and key responsibilities:
- Collaborate with direct reports and programming leads to strengthen the pipeline and supply chain management plan. Manage the determination of procurement and logistics service requirements, desired specifications and delivery schedules, and how sourcing strategies are defined, ensuring proper coordination and communication.
- Ensure accountability and transparency of all supply chain operations in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local standards and requirements.
- Lead design and implementation of a strategic sourcing and procurement process to identify, assess, select and contract suppliers that will deliver the maximum value for money to the organization. In close coordination with the procurement team oversee relationships with key suppliers and assess supplier performance.
- Manage logistical infrastructure, storage facilities and transportation resources. Oversee application of systems and procedures for inventory and commodity transportation, warehousing, and distribution, as well as for vehicle management to ensure proper handling and safeguarding of assets. Ensure related safety and security protocols are implemented.
- Oversee inventory control and the management of comprehensive goods tracking and record keeping systems throughout the whole supply chain cycle, from time of request until time of delivery. Ensure timely preparation and submission of various reports.
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Provide capacity strengthening guidance, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management or other relevant degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in supply chain/logistics/procurement management with progressive responsibilities, preferably with relief supply chain management.
- Knowledge of and experience with various public donors’ regulations. Understanding of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP)
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and common customs regulations.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information and supply chain management systems. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- Fluency in Sesotho and English.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15 %.
- Logistics Coordinator, Supply Chain Monitoring Coordinator and Data Assistant.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are citizens of Lesotho. Interested candidates should submit CV, cover letter and certified copies of academic qualifications, no later than October 5, 2022 at 14:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER. APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF THE SUBJECT LINE DOES NOT INDICATE THE POSITION. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.