The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is the primary vehicle through which USAID provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the health commodities supply chain and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The project is currently recruiting for a Supplies Officer who will work within the National Drug Service Organization (NDSO) to manage distribution of laboratory products and ensure accurate record keeping and ordering.The Supplies Officer will be responsible for managing, capturing and following up on orders from the customers within the organization as well as promoting the services of the organization to its customers.
The position will be based in Mafeteng and will report to the Supply Chain Technical Manager. Qualified applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] not later than Wednesday March 18, 2020. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the set deadline. Please indicate in the subject line of your e-mail the position for which you are applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Screen and capture the orders from the Customers into the Sales order module of the software in use within NDSO.
- Submit the orders captured to the warehousing for processing into consignments ready for shipment.
- Follow up the Customers laboratory orders and other HIV related commodities e.g. TPT commodities at NDSO in terms of processing, status and inform the Customers appropriately upon their request.
- Address inquiries, queries and complaints from the Customers.
- Attend to the Customers who come to NDSO for various business activities (collection of orders, inquire about the services of the Organization etc.) and ensure that they get the best service possible.
- Manage all the correspondence with the Customers relating to the orders, deliveries, outstanding orders and delivery routes.
- Coordinate with other departments within NDSO to assure appropriate and timely receipt of reagents and other laboratory commodities into the Software in use at NDSO.
- Collaborate with SCMD, NDSO and other stakeholders to plan and execute monthly integrated distribution of program commodities including, TB, HIV, contraceptives, and TPT commodities
- Support NDSO to prepare and submit various routine and adhoc reports required by several stakeholders related to the storage and distribution of various health commodities in NDSO’s custody
- Provide technical support NDSO to improve and track responsiveness to health facility orders, including emergency orders. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor, from time to time. (These duties MUST be work related)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology/Pharmacy Technology Minimum Four (4) years’ experience working in a health sector supply chain OR Degree in logistics/supply chain management PLUS two (2) years’ experience in managing health commodities
- Proven experience in working with the Government of Lesotho public health sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.