In the Strategy, Planning and Projects Division
ESSP: PPD 0214
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned positions. The positions are tenable at the Planning and Projects Office in Maseru and the incumbents will report to the Section Engineer Projects.
• A Degree in Electrical Engineering with three (3) years’ relevant experience OR A Diploma in Electrical Engineering with (six) 6 years’ relevant experience
EXPERIENCE PROGRESSION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in project management or electrical construction works.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project along with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Knowledge of safety rules and construction standards.
• Report writing skills
• Methodical and disciplined approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills
• A valid Driver’s License
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following:
• Preparing tender documents for electrification, system improvements, refurbishments and network expansion projects.
• Preparing project contract documents and facilitating required sign-off.
• Updating records of materials issued to Contractors against requirements submitted to LEC stores.
• Validating all contractors’ invoices for project progress payments.
• Preparing tender documents for approval by Planning and Projects Manager.
• Participating in tender evaluation processes.
• Managing projects in accordance with best practices.
• Providing regular project progress updates.
• Facilitating the filing and archiving of all project documentation
• Preparing internal payment certification documents for project progress payments.
• Arranging and attending project site meetings.
• Preparing comprehensive bill of materials (BOM) for all projects.
Interested candidates must email their applications, CVs and certified copies of their certificates and transcripts to [email protected] on or before 15th April 2021. Reference should be made to ESPP: PPD 0214 on all applications.