- Opportunity to work for global company
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Role based in Richards Bay
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent: Geological Drilling to supervise and control geological and geotechnical drilling functions, and manage the data generated in order to ensure alignment with mine development plan
Reporting to the Manager: Mine Development, you will:
- Supervise and control geological drilling operations by ensuring that drill plans are laid out and communicated with the drillers.
- Manage drilling projects to ensure that project milestones are reached.
- Ensure that samples are logged and sent to the lab as per procedure and oversee the interpretation of the data.
- Formalize communication and ensure that agreement is obtained on drilling targets.
- Ensure availability of equipment.
- Implement SOP’s and health & safety measures to facilitate optimal operations with zero incidents and ensure that all system changes are implemented.
- Ensure that drilling is done within environmental parameters
- Perform fair and reasonable tasks related to the job and working environment, at the discretion of the supervisor
- Attend all internal meetings and liaise with a variety of internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategic intent.
- Benchmark and engage with service providers to ensure that specialist expertise is incorporated and the latest technological advances are considered.
About you To succeed in this role, you will have:
- BSc / BTech in Geology
- Project Management or a General Management qualification would be advantageous
- EB license/ Member of SACNSP
- 5 – 10 years appropriate industrial experience
- Good basic knowledge (data entry level) of AcQuire is important as it is used daily for data capturing.
- Knowledge of Modelling Software (SURPAC / Mine Scape) would be advantageous.
- A basic understanding of the drilling machines is highly advantageous.
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental, etc)
Where you will be working
Certified as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognized sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development program and an internationally recognized environmental rehabilitation program to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company’s employment equity plan.