KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. All positions are based in Maseru, Lesotho on full-time, fixed term contracts.
SUB-AWARD COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Under the direction of the Sub –Award & Compliance Manager, the Sub Award & Compliance Officer will be responsible for the management of full grant cycle process, including, compliance, quality assurance, data validation, and reviewing grant budgets, and negotiating final terms and conditions for grants in compliance with BCMCFL policies and the KB Cooperative Agreement. Specific responsibilities including but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sub Award & Compliance Manager to establish and maintain grants management system
- Provide assistance in pre-award activities for Grant/Contract recipients including review of applications, budgets, pre-award questionnaires, supporting documents, etc. and/or assist in Grant/Contract negotiations.
- Review financial reports and grantee expenditures for allowability and managing funds disbursement to grantees.
- Ensure compliance with applicable USAID regulations throughout the grant life cycle.
- Review Grantee/Contractor workplans, reports, and other deliverables to ensure that they meet Grant/Contract award requirements and work with Grantees/Contractors to improve reporting and performance as needed.
- Serving as point of contact and resource for all grantees within the portfolio.
- Assist in identifying issues in grants scopes of work and/or budgets necessitating award modifications throughout the life of the grant/contract awards, and draft necessary modifications, justifications, and other supporting materials.
- Maintain up to date file management system, ensure all the required documentation is saved physically and electronically.
- Participate in visits to sites, and the Grantee’s/Contractor’s premises and facilities to monitor progress, performance, and compliance with award terms.
- Develop and utilize other mechanisms and controls to monitor grantee/contractor performance and verify service completion and quality such as conducting spot checks and verifications in person and via phone/email.
- Conduct analysis of grantee/contractor performance and service data and records to inform Sub Award & Compliance Manager and the program for possible revisions in future grant/contract cycles.
- Conduct detailed monitoring and analysis of grantee/contractor performance and update the Sub Award & Compliance Manager and KB Management of progress, challenges, and any proposed changes in implementation or monitoring plans.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Finance/Auditing or related field
- 4 years of relevant experience required in program operations, financial management, contracts and grants administration, program management, compliance or relevant business experience.
- Experience with USAID required; experience with other international donor and agencies is a plus
- Experience interacting frequently with remote project offices and field-based organization is required.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with senior management and leadership in localizing corporate governance and compliance practices
- Excellent understanding and intimate familiarity with U.S government governing federal contracts and assistance instruments.
- Strong overall management acumen and ability to align governance, risk and localization requirements with the realities of the organization’s work environment.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power point
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment, willing to work beyond normal working hours.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills and attention to detail are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the advertised positions.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs detailed in the individual work plan.
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 20th March 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.