- Support the Group Manager Operations in the implementation of the organisational strategy;
- Champion the implementation of strategic initiatives e.g. institutional reviews, CSIR act amendments, benchmarking etc.;
- Coordinate and facilitate the Executive strategy sessions ;
- Coordinate and facilitate the Board strategy sessions;
- Take ownership for formulating the required strategy position papers;
- Review industry landscape, trends, business and operating models in support of strategy development;
- Develop the basis for scenario planning;
- Assist with Board meeting preparations and submissions.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Master’s degree in science or engineering and a Business qualification. A Doctoral degree in science or engineering will be advantageous;
- An MBA will would also be advantageous;
- Atleast five years’ experience in organisational processes, of which three years must be in strategic planning and development;
- Ten years’ experience in organisational processes within R&D environment;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in technology fore-sighting and analyses;
- Ability to interact with a network of senior scientists, executive leadership and board members;
- Substantial experience in financial and business management
- of R&D;
- Knowledge of strategy development processes;
- Strategy development;
- Planning, leading, organising and control;
- Technology and business intelligence;
- Negotiation and communication
- Report writing;
- Synthesis and analytical thinking.
Closing date: 03 July 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.