Position: Strategic Information Officer
Based: PSI Lesotho
You will support the Marketing & Communications Manager in liaising with the local community and local government authorities, and key COvID-19 response stakeholders working in the community to ensure the covID-19 SBC program messages and activities can be implemented as per schedule and scope, addressing the day to day concerns of the community and key stakeholders on the ground, updating on field marketing activities progress, status and plans, etc. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Manage all aspects of PSI/Lesotho’s management information systems (MIS), including the mainternance of data collection tools used by field agents for data collection.
– Apply relevant statistical packages to analyze, interpret and numarize data to help program teams track progress against key indicators.
– Assist the Research and M&E Manager to implement M&E capacity strengthening activities to benefit local partners including data verification, data dissemination and mentorship
– Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, for submission to government, partners and donors.
– Work in conjunction with the Research and M&E Manager to implement research, pre-test of communication materials, including development of study protocols, pre-test, questionnaire development and sampling frame
– Coordinate studies, in conjunction with the Research and M&E, and serve as the primary coordinator for key studies and activities, as directed
– Assist with data entry as the need arise and as directed by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
– Data entry skills including excellent attention to detail and low incidence of data entry errors.
– Proven ability to learn quickly
– Demonstrated ability to analyze data and generate reports.
– Proficient computer literacy with knowledge of MS applications including Access, Excel) and knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS.
– Demonstrated ability to design and implement systems necessary to maintain and analyze data.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Familiarity with international health development issues will be an added advantage.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
– Degree in Statistics and/or Demography with research background
– 2 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or research design and implementation.
– Experience with data management, preferably health management information systems.
– Knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft ACCESs.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications from suitably qualified candidates are invited and must be accompanied by a C.V, passport copy and certified educational certificates.
All applications must be hand delivered to the HR office on or before 12 noon on the 25th November 2022.
Please note that late applications Will not be considered.